Gibbons Family Farm Maple Sugar House
Producing quality Ontario maple syrup using
a mix of traditional methods and modern equipment.
Open Year Round
9 am to 4 pm
41 Leacock Road
Be sure to check out:
Our Products, our Price List, and our Recipes
Maple Syrup is made only in Eastern North America, however this delightful 100% pure natural sweetener is enjoyed by people around the world. Native Americans taught the European settlers how to gather the sap from maple trees and boil it down to produce maple syrup. Today, modern equipment is used to make maple syrup, but the process is still the same.
Our Canadian heritage comes alive every spring with the arrival of another maple syrup season. Maple syrup is made during March and April when the weather conditions are cold at night and warm during the day.
We have 4500 taps spread over 100 acres of maple bush. Approximately 44 kilometers of pipeline is strung throughout our maple bush to collect the sap. We use a tractor pulling a trailer with a 3000 litre tank to bring the sap from the storage tanks in the maple bush to our road side maple sugar house.
It takes approximately 40 litres of maple sap to produce 1 litre of maple syrup. We use a modern wood fired evaporator to boil the sap down, and package all of our maple syrup on site.
For your interest, view a maple syrup video on the production of maple syrup in Ontario.
Gibbons Maple Sugar House - Open Year Round
|Sugarhouse and Store
- Farm gate store with our maple syrup and a variety of fine maple products
- Taste sampling – free
- Sugar house open for a self-guided walk thru
- Vendor at the Brockville Farmer’s Market and Gananoque Farmer’s Market (May to October)
- Bus tours are welcomed by appointment
Gibbons Maple Sugar House – Sugar Making Season (March & April)
|Maple Taffy on Snow
- If there is sap, we will be boiling – watch us in action! We are a working sugar house, with a wood-fired evaporator, for visitors to observe the maple syrup process
- Each year we celebrate the maple syrup season; see the Events Page for complete details and dates
- Enjoy a Pancake Breakfast at the church hall in Frankville or at a local restaurant
- For your reading pleasure, a 'sweet' blog on Brockville and Gibbons Family Farm (posted February 23 2018)
We're Easy To Find
We're located only:
Head east on Kitley Line 8 from Frankville; after 2.5kms, veer to the left
onto Leacock Road. We're the first farm on the right (#41).
- 25 km from Smiths Falls
- 30 km from Brockville
- 100 km from Ottawa
GPS: 44° 44.560′ N
75° 55.950′ W
Gibbons Family Farm
41 Leacock Road, RR 1
For more information:
Toll Free 1-877-440-7887